Base yourself with us while you visit our region…
Base yourself at the Burra Motor Inn within the heritage township of Burra whilst you discover parks and wildlife, walk the trails of great men in history such as Sir Hubert Wilkins, General Douglass McArthur, Henry Bryan and pioneers of the Merino wool industry, and explore the beautiful Goyder region. Return to Burra Motor Inn in the evenings to admire the Rail Memorabilia and Australiana whilst you wine & dine in Jumbucks Restaurant with locally sourced food & wine. During the warmer months, relax and unwind in the indoor pool or heated spa.
Stay a little longer and visit a few of the numerous attractions within an hour of Burra, visit historic townships such as Terowie & Mintaro (and many more listed below), experience the rail history of the region at
Steamtown, taste the wines at the Cellar doors of world-renowned wineries in the Clare Valley.
Visit the Burra Regional Art Gallery featuring artwork from local artists, and purchase a Burra Heritage Passport from the Visitor Information Centre and enjoy access to numerous historic sites and
museums for the duration of your stay.
Visit us on Facebook and view our photo albums for photographs of the many attractions around our region.
The Goyder region
- discover local mining heritage and history as you visit 49 historical sites with keyed access to 8 locked sites with the Heritage Pass and free access to local museums, or join in on a guided tour
- research family history and view the photographic displays of times past in the recently refurbished Town Hall
- relax and unwind with a picnic at the picturesque Burra Creek Gorge or by the duck pond within the Burra Creek ecosystem
- play a round of golf on the 18 hole Burra Golf Course
- shop for antiques & collectibles in local stores and at local markets
- admire local art by very talented artists at local art galleries including the Burra Regional Art Gallery, and HD Art @ Chapel Street Studio
- attend festivals and events such as the ever popular Burra Antique & Collectables Fair, or exhibitions & open gardens during the SALA festival
- drive the scenic drives such as the Dare’s Hill Circuit, featuring Australian wildlife, magnificent views from Dare’s Hill summit, passing by Collinsville Station, ruins of Piltimitiappa Homestead and Ketchowla station
- visit Sir Hubert Wilkins Cottage, birthplace of Sir Hubert Wilkins and read about the history of Sir Hubert Wilkins
- discover the rail history of Mid-North towns such as Tarlee, Riverton, Manora, Burra, Mount Bryan, Terowie & Peterborough
- visit towns oozing with tales of the past such as Mount Bryan, Hallett, Terowie, Booborowie & Farrell Flat
- walk or ride the Heysen & Mawson trails
- visit Red Banks Conservation Park, the site of the significant megafauna discoveries, and view fossilised remains of extinct marsupials
BURRA MOTOR INN
Burra SA 5417
Ph (08) 8892 2777
Fax (08) 8892 2707